We encourage Active Travel
Coburg High School supports active transport that minimises impact upon the environment. Most CHS students are active travellers and walk, cycle, scoot or skate to and from school. We encourage this as part of an active and healthy lifestyle. There are numerous cycling paths in and around the school for students to safely use when travelling together before and after school and a large bike shelter is provided for students to store their bicycles in during the day. The bus stops on Bell street are supervised by a CHS teacher in the afternoons. For those driving students to school, the first round-about provides a ‘kiss-and-go’ drop-off area. Families are not permitted to access the staff car park unless they are visiting the school or have a student with access requirements. This is to ensure the safety of all students and staff using the shared pedestrian, cycling and car zone.
In addition, there are numerous convenient public transport options surrounding Coburg High School.
- The Upfield line stops at Coburg station which is a 15 minute walk from school
- The Number 19 tram runs up Sydney Road from North Coburg to the city.
- The Number 1 tram runs from East Coburg to South Melbourne Beach. It runs up Nicholson, Lygon and Swanston streets.
Buses that stop at Coburg Swimming Pool/Murray Road [Note: 5 min walk through Pentridge Estate to school from here]
- 526 Coburg – West Preston via Elizabeth Street Some buses that stop at Bell Street/Sydney Road
- 534 Glenroy to Coburg via Boundary Road, Sydney Road
- 561 Coburg – Macleod via Latrobe University
* The school can sign off on Public Transport Concession Cards once students are enrolled and attending classes.
** All students are encouraged to have a Myki as this is used when travelling to excursions via public transport.