Uniforms can be purchased online from Lowes or alternatively in store at Lowes Northland Shopping Centre or Lowes Broadmeadows Shopping Centre.
Assistance with the uniform
Eligible families can receive financial assistance to help meet the costs of their child’s education, including uniforms. This support is provided by not-for-profit organisation State Schools’ Relief (SSR) and more information and support is available to families at the school office.
In exceptional circumstances, the Student Support Team will approve special exemptions based on valid reasons for an individual variation to the uniform for reasons that may include, but are not limited to, temporary or permanent disability, religious requirements or enrolment status.
- We are Coburg High School: Our school is a large community of students from diverse family, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and contexts. Our uniform aims to clearly signify that above all, students belong to Coburg High School and are, despite individual differences, unified in their membership of our school. Our uniform aims to foster a sense of being part of a team and of belonging to something bigger than our individual selves.
- Fostering pride in our school and ‘esprit de corps’: The aim for our uniform is to instil a sense of pride in being part of Coburg High School and for our uniform to be a visible sign of acceptance of our school values and ethos. We also aim for our uniform to be one that students can be proud to wear at school.
- Providing consistency in expectations and clarity about acceptable attire: Individual perceptions of dress code standards vary greatly and are constantly changing and we are mindful of the sensitivities of a community of diverse backgrounds and beliefs. Our school uniform aims to provide clarity and consistency for students and their families that reduces unnecessary conflict at home and at school over what is considered acceptable school attire.
- Promoting equality and inclusion: The uniform aims to reduce barriers of sub-cultures and socio-economics, allowing students to relate and interact on an equal footing.
- Upholding our duty of care for the safety and security of students: As part of our duty of care to maintain security and protect students at school, our uniform aims to ensure that students are easily identifiable and easily accounted for within our school grounds and when out on excursions in public.
- Reducing the time and cost involved in purchasing items: For many families, the uniform may also reduce the time and cost involved in purchasing clothing for school.
- Promoting sustainability: The uniform aims to foster sustainability because second-hand uniforms can be passed onto siblings, sold at second-hand sales, or even donated to families in need.
- Promoting active learning: Our uniform aims to be suitable for a range of learning activities and to provide warmth and protection from the elements.