Coburg High School has recently experienced unprecedented demand and has limited physical capacity to accept all students who apply for enrolment. Families who reside within the Coburg High School zone are guaranteed a place at the school and can check findmyschool.vic.gov.au to determine if Coburg High is their designated neighbourhood school. Where there are insufficient places for all seeking entry to Coburg High School, students will be enrolled in the following priority order, as per Department of Education Placement Policy:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood government school.
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent residence, within the zone, who are attending the school at the same time*.
- Where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest to the School.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds. Coburg High currently does not have any specific curriculum grounds.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to Coburg High School.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
*Siblings Coburg High School will endeavour to enrol all siblings of current students. If there are insufficient places to accommodate all siblings who reside outside of the school zone, Coburg High will allocate any available spaces in order of students who live next closest to the school.
For more information, please refer to the attached Enrolments Policy or contact the school directly.
Our School Zone
findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Information on this site is updated in Term 1 each year, ready for the Year 6 to 7 transition period. To visit the site, see: findmyschool.vic.gov.au
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org